The Pokémon GO Holidays event returns with Vanillite
Winter officially begins in a week and then Christmas shortly after, which means it’s time for Holiday Events to begin in all your favorite games. The Pokémon GO Holidays event returns on Tuesday, December 22, at 8:00 AM local time and goes until Thursday, December 31 at 10:00 PM.
Here’s everything you need to know about the event including what Pokémon will be spawning in the wild during the event.
Pokémon GO Holidays introduces Vanillite
Pokémon GO has been quite inconsistent with its Pokémon releases, bouncing between generations and not really following the exact order. For the holiday event, they are releasing Vanillite from gen 5, Unova. Vanillite has two evolutions, Vanillish and Vanilluxe, so it will be worth catching a lot of.
As per the usual in winter, there will also be other Ice-types and holiday-themed Pokémon in the wild. Here they are:
- Pikachu (costume)
- Delibird (costume)
- Cubchoo (costume)
- Various other Ice-types
The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5k eggs:
The following Pokémon will appear in raid battles:
- Alolan Sandshrew
- Jynx (chance to be shiny)
- Mega Abomasnow
What else is happening?
In addition to the chance to add these Pokémon to your collection, there will also be event-exclusive field research tasks and rewards, holiday-themed stickers, and winter-themed avatars that you can get for your character. There will also be special boxes for sale in the shop.
For the duration of the event, you will be able to open more gifts each day, up to 45 and you will be able to carry up to 40 gifts. There are going to be other rotating bonuses as well during the event:
- Tuesday, December 22 at 12:00 AM to Wednesday, December 23 at 11:59 PM local time: 2× Raid XP
- Thursday, December 24 at 12:00 AM to Friday, December 25 at 11:59 PM local time: 2× Catch Candy
- Saturday, December 26 at 12:00 AM to Sunday, December 27 at 11:59 PM local time: 2× Star Piece duration
- Monday, December 28 at 12:00 AM to Tuesday, December 29 at 11:59 PM local time: 2× Lucky Egg duration
- Wednesday, December 30 at 12:00 AM to Thursday, December 31 at 11:59 PM local time: 2× Catch Stardust
Lastly, there will be a special winter event on the final weekend of the Pokémon GO Holidays, so be sure to stay tuned to see what that will be!
Source: Read Full Article