Pokemon Home's New Update Finally Resolves A Frustrating Issue
Following its scheduled downtime, a new update for Pokemon Home is now live on mobile. While the update primarily makes the service compatible with the new Pokemon introduced in Sword and Shield’s first expansion, The Isle of Armor, it also resolves a persistent issue that has plagued the Global Trade System feature for years.
According to the patch notes for the 1.2.0 update, players can no longer set impossible conditions in the GTS. This has been a recurring problem since the feature was first introduced and one of our biggest complaints about Pokemon Home. Prior to the update, players could, for example, put a Pokemon up for trade and request a Cinderace that’s between levels 1-10 in return, despite the fact that Cinderace is a fully evolved Pokemon and cannot be that level.
Longtime Pokemon players will know that this has been an ongoing issue with the GTS, but it seemed particularly prevalent on Pokemon Home. Many players would deliberately set impossible trade conditions like this to troll other users or show off their own Pokemon without fear of it being traded off, but this update has thankfully made that no longer possible.
Beyond that, the 1.2.0 update improves the Pokemon Box labeling function and makes numerous other unspecified fixes. You can read the full patch notes below.
The Isle of Armor is the first of two expansions coming for Sword and Shield this year. The second, The Crown Tundra, is slated to release sometime this fall. Each DLC introduces a new area to explore along with a ton of new and returning Pokemon to catch, but you don’t need to own the expansions to get them.
In other Pokemon news, The Pokemon Company revealed a new Pokemon Snap game for Nintendo Switch during its Pokemon Presents video presentation. The company teased that more Pokemon news is on the way next week, on June 24, and it’ll concern “another big project.”
Pokemon Home 1.2.0 Update Patch Notes
- Added compatibility with The Isle of Armor, the first wave of content for the Pokemon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokemon Shield Expansion Pass.
- Updated the GTS so that impossible search conditions cannot be set under “Pokemon wanted.”
- Improved the Pokemon Box labeling function.
- Made various other fixes.
Pokemon Sword And Shield News & Guides
- Pokemon Sword And Shield Zeraora Raid Challenges One Million Players To Succeed
- Pokemon Sword And Shield: How To Get The Newly Added Pokemon Without Buying DLC
- All The Pokemon Game News Announced During Pokemon Presents
- Pokemon Sword & Shield DLC: All The Confirmed Returning Pokemon So Far
Source: Read Full Article