Apex Legends Season 6 Boosted: Start time, map changes, early patch notes, more
Apex Legends will very soon kick off with its sixth Season, called Boosted, which will introduce a variety of changes to the game.
A new Legend, incoming map changes and more are all on the cards for this next Season, and players are excited to see all the major changes arriving in the game.
Perhaps the most anticipated update is the arrival of Rampart – the new hero that utilises her turret, Shiela, to wreak havoc on the battlefield.
Rampart is an expert modder equipped with a heavy-mounted gun turret that can be used by anybody in the team – with lots of ammo but a long reload cooldown, it's going to take some nuance to master.
Here's everything you need to know about the incoming Season.
Apex Legends Season 6 Boosted – Start Time
Apex Legends Season 6 will kick off on August 18at 6am, UK time.
As we've seen in previous Apex Legends updates, there is potential for the update to arrive a little bit earlier or later than Respawn's estimate, so take this as a guide rather than a guaranteed launch window.
It's also worth mentioning that when new Seasons go live, we sometimes see a little bit of server instability, so don't set your heart on playing as soon as the patch is rolled out.
It stands to reason that there's going to be a relatively large update to download, too – we'll update you when we have more specific information about the incoming patch.
Apex Legends Season 6 Boosted – Map Changes
Apex Legends' design director Jason McCord, has stated that this Season's map update is meant to revamp the game's World's Edge arena a little bit. Here's what you need to know:
- More (and improved!) play on the lava side of the map
- Better options for rotations out of some particularly sticky chokepoints
- An interesting new map mechanic to promote some new combat scenarios.
More specific information can be seen in the game's most recent gameplay trailer (embedded below).
Apex Legends Season 6 Boosted – Patch Notes Preview
As per Daily Express, these are all the game elements that are currently under investigation at developer Respawn that are likely to be addressed in the coming update.
Expect a much bigger and more comprehensive set of patch notes once the update is pushed out tomorrow.
For now, here are all the issues under investigation at Respawn:
• Loba's Tactical doesn't land properly on World's Edge and always refunding the ability
– There are certain areas on KC that are also doing a similar issue, however this different issue compared to this one. We are currently investigating a fix for this.
• Pathfinder and Revenant take less damage from Caustic NOX gas
– Both Pathfinder and Revy take less damage when in Caustic's Nox gas.
• Coming out of Wraith portal can sometimes push character under geo
• If Death Protection activates while on a zipline or wall hanging, the player remains where they are
• Visual issues with bundle pricing not showing discounted version.
– If you bought the bundle when it showed the incorrect price, you DID get the discount. This is just a visual bug that we have a fix for in a future patch.
• Buzzing noise during gameplay
– Some players are hearing a buzzing or audio pops while playing.
Source: Read Full Article