Baldur’s Gate patch notes – Patch 4 update makes over 1,000 changes
The big new Baldur’s Gate 3 update has been released by developer Larian. Like most Baldur’s Gate 3 downloads, the new update makes an absolute boatload of fixes, gameplay tweaks and changes throughout the entire adventure. Indeed, as you can see from the Update 4 patch notes below, this includes new options to better accomodate colour-blindness, as well as the ability to cutomise hirelings the moment they’re recruited. The massive Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch 4 makes over 1,000 changes in total, so check out the patch notes below for all the major highlights on PC, Mac and PS5.
Baldur’s Gate Patch 4 update notes
• You can now dismiss dead avatars to Withers’ Wardrobe. Withers will now also explain how the wardrobe works.
• You can now customise hirelings’ appearance when recruiting them.
• Colour-blind mode: We’ve added a setting to the Accessibility tab that will allow you to choose protanopia, deuteranopia, or tritanopia.
– This affects the colours used to distinguish factions and relations: map and minimap icons, portrait frames, and character outlines and circles.
• Refined Scratch’s fetch behaviour. He will now fetch… pretty much everything.
• Archfey warlocks now get a choice of cantrip at Level 4 as intended.
• Updated the mechanics of Speak with Dead so that you can cast it again if you didn’t ask any questions the first time. (For example, if you’re told the corpse doesn’t want to speak to its killer, and then you cast the spell again in Wild Shape.)
• At Level 6, Knowledge Domain clerics will now correctly gain ‘Channel Divinity: Read Thoughts’, Nature Domain clerics will now correctly gain ‘Dampen Elements’, and Trickery Domain clerics will now correctly gain ‘Channel Divinity: Cloak of Shadows’.
• When you purchase a statue from Boney in the circus, you can now choose to make it look like you in full equipment, in camp clothes, or naked.
• Scratch’s ball will now be harder to lose. If you lost his ball, go see him at camp and he might give it back. (Ball warranty voided for chasm-related accidents.)
• Added a controller option so that, if you want, you can have the End Turn button require a hold instead of a tap.
• Fixed the Enemy of Justice condition sometimes applying when it shouldn’t.
• Fixed an issue where assaulting someone while Invisible would still cause a guard to spot you and start a dialogue with you if there was a civilian nearby.
• Halsin will no longer spontaneously decide it’d be fun to turn into a bear before he talks to you in Act I.
• Added more autosaves in the Shadow-Cursed Lands and to several Wyrm’s Crossing and Lower City locations, including the Steel Watch Foundry, Iron Throne, and Rivington.
• Licking the hunk of spider meat in the Gauntlet of Shar might make you sick. You should have listened to Gale.
• You can now read the recipe for the Emperor’s favourite soup.
• You can now use sponges and soaps to clean up your party members, removing grime, blood, and bad odours!
PERFORMANCE AND OPTIONS
• Continued making performance improvements and optimisations across the game.
• Fixed HDR sliders not updating their values.
• Optimised the lighting in the Lower City.
• Improved the general performance of the UI by having it execute in parallel with other tasks when possible.
• Improved loading times after choosing to ‘Venture Forth’ by reducing delays during portrait generation.
• Improved performance when multiple copies of the same animation would try to run at once (e.g. the ships in the distance in Grey Harbour).
• Improved performance in areas with crowds.
• Added map markers for Barcus’ pack when he mentions it.
• Increased the map marker radius for the safe zone if the crèche destruction sequence has started.
• When looking for Infernal Iron for Karlach, it will now appear on the map as a broader area marker.
• The blue jay’s map marker will disappear once you find the chest under it.
• The map marker for the Sharran cache in the Gauntlet of Shar will now disappear when you approach it.
• Fixed some missing roofs on the minimap in Act I.
• Fixed some map rendering issues in the Rosymorn Monastery.
• Fixed the map flickering in a certain position on the roof of Rosymorn Monastery.
• Fixed the minimap in the Reithwin Tollhouse flicking to the wrong floor in some spots.
• Fixed some minimap inconsistencies in the Masons’ Guild and Masons’ Guild basement in the Shadow-Cursed Lands.
• Fixed some slightly offset map shrouds in the House of Healing Morgue.
• Fixed some minimap issues in The Waning Moon in the Shadow-Cursed Lands.
• Fixed some map issues in the room at the top of the House of Healing.
• Fixed a minor map rendering issue on the Moonrise Towers Rooftop.
• Polished the map of the Wyrm’s Crossing bridge.
• Fixed the shroud and minimap display for an Act I cellar with a secret door, making it even more secret.
• Improved black borders on the minimap for the Crèche Y’llek dungeon.
- Advert-free experience without interruptions.
- Rocket-fast speedy loading pages.
- Exclusive & Unlimited access to all our content.
Source: Read Full Article