Borderlands 3 Update Patch Notes revealed by Gearbox for new Hotfix today
Borderlands 3 has today released a new update for the game but frustratingly for fans it's not the full-scale update they might be hoping for.
And Gearbox knows it.
There's a variety of issues with the game right now following the launch of the game last week and the team at Gearbox has assured fans they are working on it.
Undeniably though the biggest issue appears to be the loss of cloud saves on PC.
If you would like to know about all the variety of issues with the game you're best having a gander at the Borderlands 3 subreddit which contains a mega-thread which lists all known bugs and issues that players have encountered.
There's plenty of issues and Gearbox has acknowledged the issues telling fans via the official Reddit channel:
“Thank you all for your continued enthusiasm and support. “We want Borderlands 3 to be the best game possible and are actively monitoring your feedback. We are working on performance and quality of life improvements and will have more to share soon at http://Borderlands.com.”
As we first mentioned though, a new update has been released today, but it's only a hot fix and doesn't address all of fans concerns.
"In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates," a blog post from Gearbox forum admin Noelle_GBX explains.
"Hot fixes are not permanent – they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 3.
"To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands 3 boots up and hang out on the Menu screen for a minute."
Whilst this could be a bit of a let down for some fans, we do at least have some patch notes to give fans an idea of what changes have been made to the game today, September 19, 2019.
You'll find these patch notes, just below:
- Yellow paint has been added to the Marsh Fields to mark a more obvious path to complete the Sabotage Crew Challenge.
- The New-U Station in front of the Halcyon Suborbital Spaceport (used during the “Space-Laser Tag” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The New-U Station in front of Titian’s Gate (used during the “Atlas, At Last” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The first Guardian a player runs into during the “Beneath the Meridian” mission is no longer over-leveled.
- The Eridian chest by the Grotto in the Jakob’s Estate is no longer invisible.
- Eridium crystals in Voracious Canopy grow less frequently.
- Scaled down the amount of loot drops in Mayhem Mode.
- Torgue shotgun sticky damage has been reduced.
- Reduced E-Tech shotgun elemental damage from “flesh off your bones” to “a lot”.
- Chupacabratch dropped too much of his hard-earned loot.
- Adjusted spawn rate of Loot Tinks in Mansion. They’re special again.
- Removed pain-sounds from Troy for his boss fight.
Latest Tech & Games News
The Gearbox admin also admitted that the team were aware that the list did not include "issues that the community is immediately concerned with".
However, the same message also stressed that the team are"hard at work evaluating performance problems and potential solutions" for those bigger issues.
In the meantime, fans will have to make do with the above balance updates. For anyone wondering how you go about making sure you have the update, don't stress.
According to Gearbox, Hotfixes are applied at the Game Menu when you start the game.
To ensure that the hotfix has been applied, go to the in-game menu and see if “updates are available” showing.
Latest video game releases for PlayStation, Xbox, PC and Switch
Source: Read Full Article