Call of Duty Modern Warfare update 1.08 Patch Notes for new DLC download
Call of Duty Modern Warfare update 1.08 is rolling out this morning as Infinity Ward makes yet more changes to the games fantastic multiplayer mode.
In all chances by the time you read this the update will have started rolling out on PS4, Xbox One and PC as the developers say it should become available at "midnight PST tonight, 11/11".
Late last night Infinity Ward Community manager Ashton Williams ( @AshtonisVULCAN) once again told her Twitter followers that Modern Warfare’s next patch is currently being finalized and that the patch notes were almost ready to be released.
Although it still felt like it could have been a long wait, as she wrote:
"We’re working on finalizing another update. Notes will most likely go up before the update. No ETA at the moment, but will keep you posted."
But a couple of hours later and wouldn't you know it, she returned with the good news fans were waiting for, writing:
"Our update will begin rolling out around midnight PST tonight. Patch notes are up ahead of the update going out. Please continue to provide feedback and suggestions!"
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order review embargo news confirmed ahead of release date
GTA 6 release date news: Grand Theft Auto image leak has fans conflicted
That's actually 8am GMT for those of us in the UK, so if you're reading this it's either just about to launch or is already available.
Still, at the time of writing, we don't know the size of the update just yet, although if it helps, the last update was around 8.5GB on PS4.
However, that update added two new maps and more, whereas the 1.08 update looks to be more a case of tweaking the game and fixing bugs, so we would imagine it will be much smaller in size.
Below you'll find the official patch notes as shared by Infinity Ward, and the biggest takeaway is certainly that the team have once again nerfed the 725 Shotgun, with the range reduced.
It does seem to be a small-ish patch, at least when compared with some complaints by players and messages shared by Joe Cecot ( @JoeCecot), the Co-Design Director of Multiplayer at Infinity Ward.
That could mean we see another update for the game later this week, potentially. For now, here's the full Call of Duty Modern Warfare Update 1.08 patch notes, just below.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Update 1.08 Patch Notes
• More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
Riot Shield :
• Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
• Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
• Now always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
• Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
•General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We'll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
• Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
• Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.
• Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
• Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
• ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
• 725: Reduce range
• M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
• FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
• EB-14: Increase ADS speed
• Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
Special Operations :
• Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress
Latest Games News
Stay tuned for more information and updates regarding the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1.08 Update and Patch Notes.
Source: Read Full Article