Cyberpunk 2077 Samurai Build – The Best Perks For Blades And Katanas
Cyberpunk 2077 has a complex level up system with stats and points to spend, but you never get enough points to make yourself a powerful all-rounder. You need to specialise in a specific area. In this guide, I’ll talk you through the best perks for a Samurai class so you can slice your way through Night City.
Before we dive into the perks, though, let’s talk stats.
Cyberpunk 2077 Best Stats For A Samurai Build
Here are the five specialisations you can put points into and how they affect your overall stats:
- Add 5 health, add 3 stamina
- Increase damage with fists and gorilla arms by 3
- Increase damage with melee weapons by 1.5%
- Decrease movement penalty when grabbing an enemy and wielding a HMG by 6%
- Increase passive evasion from enemy attacks by 1%
- Increase crit chance by 1%
- Increase damage from Mantis Blades by 3
- Allows you to unlock doors
- Each point spent increases armour by 5%
- Increases crit damage by 2%
- Increases all resistances by 1%
- Increases stealth damage by 10%
- Reduces speed by which enemies detect you in stealth by 0.5%
- Increase mono wire damage by 3
- Increase cyber deck RAM capacity by 4%
- Increase quickhack damage by 0.5%
- Increase quickhack duration by 1%
For a katana user, you should spread your points between Body, Reflexes, and Cool, favouring Reflexes and Cool to boost your crit chance and evasion. While the increased health from Body is useful, Body is mainly to increase damage and stamina, which you need a lot of when swinging blades around all the time. Get the Mantis Blades augmentation as soon as you can afford it to compliment your Reflex spending.
Cyberpunk 2077 Best Perks For A Samurai Build
First I’ll list the perks you should aim for and then I’ll talk a little about the why. It’s also worth noting that you might have to put some points in other perks in certain categories to unlock some of the perks below. You should first prioritise the ones you can immediately unlock at your current level.
- Cardio Cure: Health regenerates 25% faster as you move
- Like a Butterfly: Dodging does not drain stamina
- Dog of War: Increase health regen in combat by 30%
- Regeneration: health slowly regenerates during combat
- True Grit: increase max stamina by 10%, then 20%
- Marathoner: sprinting does not drain stamina
- Wolverine: health regen activates 90% faster during combat when maxed out with two points
- Soft on your Feet: reduces fall damage by 5%
- Indestructible: Reduces all incoming damage by 10%
- Speed Demon: you deal more damage the faster you’re moving.
- Momentum Shift: defeating an enemy increases movement speed by 10% for 10 seconds
- Manic: movement speed increases by 20% for 10 seconds when entering combat
- Flight of the Sparrow: Reduces the stamina cost of all attacks with blades by 50%
- Roaring Waters: strong attacks with blades deal more damage up to 60%
- Shifting Sands: Dodging recovers 15% then 20% stamina
- Stick Pig: increases bleeding duration by x seconds
- Sting Like a Bee: Increases attack speed with blades by up to 30%
- Slow and Steady: Armour is increased by 15% then 30% while moving
- Offensive Defense: defensive attacks with blades deal 200% then 300% more damage
- Crimson Dance: Combos with blades have up to 30% chance to apply bleeding
- Blessed Blade: increases crit chance with blades by up to 20%
- Bloodlust: recover 7% health when applying bleeding or hitting a bleeding enemy with a blade
- Judge, Jury and Executioner: Increases damage with blades by 50% on enemies with max health
- Unbroken Spirit: successful counter attacks with blades restore 25% health and stamina
- Deathbolt: while wielding a blade, defeating an enemy restores 20% health and increases movement speed by 30% for 5 seconds
- Fiery Blast: Increases damage with blades by 1% for every 1% of health the enemy is missing
- Crimson Tide: Bleeding applied with blades can stack 3 times
- Float Like a Butterfly: Dodging increases damage with blades by 25% for 5 secs.
- Dragon Strike: increases critical damage with blades by 25%
- Bladerunner: Increases damage to drones, mechs and robots by 20%
- Crouching Tiger: increases movement speed while sneaking by 20%
- Strike From the Shadows: increases crit chance by 15% while sneaking
- Dagger Dealer: allows you to throw knives
- Assassin: deal 15% more damage to humans
- Hidden Dragon: perform non-lethal aerial takedowns
- Cutthroat: thrown knives deal 30% more damage
- Cold Blood: After defeating an enemy, gain cold blood for x seconds. Increase movement speed by 2%, stacks up to 3 times
- Critical Condition: increases the duration of Cold Blood by 5 seconds
- Icy Veins: Reduces weapon recoil by 2.5% per stack of Cold Blood
- Big Sleep: Disable all cameras in the network for 3 minutes
- Turret Shutdown: Disables security turrets in the network for 3 mins
Obviously, a katana build should focus mainly on the Blades perks, since those speed up attacks, increase power, and get various benefits from the bleeding status effect. But there are also perks in there that marry well with other perks outside of Blades. For example, Blade skills like Deathbolt increase movement speed, which you can also increase with Cold Blood, which couples with Speed Demon it Athletics, which increases damage the faster you’re moving.
There are also some Stealth perks in there so you can get in close like a ninja, only pulling your katana out when stealth fails you. Daggers are handy if you want to stick to a pure blades run, giving you a ranged option without having to resort to gunplay. A lot of these perks are also tied to dodging, which will help you close distances when an enemy is firing at you as you approach.
We also have a guide for a Cyberpunk 2077 brawler build if using fists is your preference, and there’s an Assault build guide for anyone who wants to burn the city.
Next: Cyberpunk 2077 Review – Future (Almost) Perfect
Cyberpunk 2077 is available for PC on GOG.COM, Steam and Epic, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Stadia from December 10, 2020. When you buy Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group and supports their future projects.
These articles are posted in affiliation with GOG.COM. TheGamer received compensation from GOG Sp. z o.o. for affiliating these articles with their brand.
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series X
Kirk is the Editor-in-Chief at The Gamer. He likes Arkane games a little too much.
Source: Read Full Article