Destiny 2: Every Weapon In Season Of The Chosen
Updated February 10, 2021, by Sean Murray: With Season of the Chosen’s arrival, we now actually know what some of these mystery weapons are. This article has been updated with that information.
Season of the Chosen is shaping up to be a rather large season for Destiny 2. A new game mode is being added, Adept weapons are being added to Grandmaster Nightfalls, and new loot will be available for Guardians to chase.
Based on promotional material and certain developer comments, Season of the Chosen appears to have 34 different weapons that can be earned. Some of these guns are completely new, while others are reprisals from vanilla Destiny 2. In anticipation for the new season, let’s go over every weapon Bungie has shown thus far for Season of the Chosen.
Season Of The Chosen Weapons
Two Exotic weapons have been confirmed thus far:
- Ticcu’s Divination: A Solar Bow that fires three arrows with each attack. Each arrow tracks targets independently of one another.
- Mystery Tex Mechanica Exotic: If it’s a reissue, it will either be The First Curse Hand Cannon or the Zen Meteor Sniper Rifle. Of course, it could be a new weapon entirely.
Ticcu’s Divination is obtained at rank 35 of the Season Pass for all players, rank 1 if you purchased Season of the Chosen. Season owners will obtain the mystery Tex Mechanica Exotic in a questline at a later date. It is currently unknown if a third, hidden Exotic is tied to this season.
Seasonal Activity Weapons
Taking inspiration from the now-sunset Leviathan weapons, Season of the Chosen features Cabal-themed weapons that have a more rugged take on the regal arsenal fans are familiar with. Out of the six weapons tied with this aesthetic, only four are from the new Battleground game type. They are the following:
- Far Future: An Adaptive Frame Solar energy Sniper Rifle with some fairly unique perks.
- Extraordinary Rendition: An Aggressive Frame Kinetic Submachine Gun like last season’s Cold Front.
- Code Duello: A High Impact Solar Rocket Launcher with a shockingly similar appearance to Sins of the Past.
- Imperial Needle: A Lightweight Frame Kinetic Bow very similar to Whispering Slab.
Season Pass Weapons
Browsing the Season Pass rewards on the Bungie.net website, we can deduce the two seasonal weapons that will be in the Season Pass: a Linear Fusion Rifle and Sidearm.
- Threaded Needle: This Linear Fusion Rifle is Season of the Chosen’s replacement for Lind in the Sand, albeit with Void damage instead of Arc.
- Brass Attacks: Breachlight’s replacement, this Aggressive Burst Kinetic Sidearm comes with great overall stats and a phenomenal perk pool.
Core Playlist Weapons
Before we go into the weapon roster, one of Bungie’s community managers, Cozmo, confirmed in a Reddit comment that two of Season of the Chosen’s new weapons are 120 RPM Hand Cannons, which was indeed confirmed with the season’s release.
One Ritual weapon is being added in Season of the Chosen:
- Salvager’s Salvo: A Breech-Loaded Grenade Launcher dealing Arc damage.
Salvager’s Salvo comes with Quick Launch and Spike Grenades for consistent damage, and your choice of either Ambitious Assassin or Demolitionist in the first perk slot or Vorpal or Chain Reaction in the second perk slot. Any combination you choose will be fantastic on this weapon.
Acquisition is the through either a Strike, Gambit, or Crucible quest similar to last season’s Adored Sniper Rifle, and just like Adored, you’ll later be able to get three playlist-themed ornaments.
Two weapons are confirmed to be introduced in the Strike loot pool in Season of the Chosen (source).
- The Third Axiom: Adaptive Frame Pulse Rifle dealing Arc damage. Curiously, this weapon is the same archetype and energy type as the Jian 7 Rifle.
- Royal Entry: A Precision Frame Void Rocket Launcher, this weapon comes with a deep perk pool for some interesting possibilities.
Three weapons from the original Destiny will be obtainable as Nightfall-exclusive weapons in Season of the Chosen.
- Palindrome: An Adaptive Frame Kinetic Hand Cannon.
- Shadow Price: An Adaptive Frame Kinetic Auto Rifle.
- The Swarm: An Adaptive Frame Machine Gundealing Arc damage.
All three of these weapons also have Adept variants that have a chance to drop in Grandmaster Nightfall completions. Technically, this means Nightfalls are receiving six weapons.
Crucible will be receiving two new weapons in Season of the Chosen:
- The Keening: An Adaptive Frame Arc Energy Sidearm.
- Retrofuturist: This can be seen in the Season of the Chosen trailer (the Titan is holding it in the above image). It’s a Lightweight Frame Void Energy Shotgun that can roll with the Dual Loader perk.
Gambit will also be receiving two new weapons in Season of the Chosen. What these weapons are, however, is a mystery.
- Bottom Dollar: A 120 RPM Energy Hand Cannon dealing Void damage.
- Trinary System: An Adaptive Frame Solar Fusion Rifle.
Trials Of Osiris Weapons
Three new Trials of Osiris weapons have been confirmed for Season of the Chosen:
- The Messenger: A reprised version of the same gun from Destiny 1, The Messenger is a High-Impact Frame Kinetic Pulse Rifle.
- Ingenious Hammer: Another 120 RPM Hand Cannon, Ingenious Hammer comes with higher overall stats compared to other Aggressive Frame Hand Cannons.
- Caster Frame Sword: This is a Solar version of Temptation’s Hook, featuring the same heavy attack and overall appearance.
Similar to the Nightfall weapons, these will have Adept variants you can obtain from going flawless in Trials of Osiris.
Two returning Iron Banner weapons can be seen in the Season of the Chosen trailer, which lines up with how previous seasons have reissued two Iron Banner weapons. They are the following:
- Multimach CCX: A Lightweight Frame Kinetic SMG.
- The Time-Worn Spire: A Rapid-Fire Frame Kinetic Pulse Rifle.
Note that the last time we’ve seen a Rapid-Fire Frame Pulse Rifle in the Kinetic Slot was Autumn Wind back in Curse of Osiris! Everyone should farm for a good roll of The Time-Worn Spire when Iron Banner is active.
Dreaming City Weapons
Four Dreaming City weapons are confirmed to be returning next season (source):
- Waking Vigil: An Adaptive Frame Hand Cannon that deals Arc damage. The standard perk pool favors PvP perks such as Opening Shot.
- Sleepless: A High-Impact Frame Rocket Launcher that deals Arc damage.
- Vouchsafe: A Lightweight Frame Scout Rifle that deals Void damage. It can roll similar perks as Night Watch and Patron of Lost Causes.
- Retold Tale: A Precision Frame Shotgun that deals Void damage. It can roll with Quickdraw and Slideshot.
In addition to the reprised weapons, completing encounters in the Shattered Throne dungeon will drop versions of these weapons that can roll with perks unavailable from other reward sources.
Similar to the Dreaming City, four Moon weapons are coming back in Season of the Chosen (source). They are the following:
- Blasphemer: A Precision Frame Kinetic Shotgun. This weapon can roll with Quickdraw and Opening Shot.
- Heretic: An Aggressive Frame Rocket Launcher that deals Arc damage. This weapon can roll with Demolitionist and Cluster Bombs.
- Apostate: A Rapid-Fire Frame Sniper Rifle that deals Arc damage. Perks include Moving Target and Quickdraw.
- Premonition: A High-Impact Frame Kinetic Pulse Rifle. Premonition can only drop in the Pit of Heresy dungeon. Perks include Outlaw and Kill Clip.
Just as with the Dreaming City reissued gear, completing encounters in the Pit of Heresy dungeon will drop versions of these weapons that can roll with perks unavailable from other reward sources.
Next: Destiny 2: Beyond Light Complete Guide And Walkthrough
- Destiny 2
- Destiny 2: Beyond Light
Charles Burgar is an expert on all things tech and gaming. Graduating from Pikes Peak Community College in 2018 with an Associate of Science, Charles has spent his time dissecting popular video games, movies, and technology. With an understanding of games for as long as he can remember, Charles has a large interest in understanding what makes things fun. He is currently a Freelance writer for TheGamer and Game Rant.
Source: Read Full Article