Destiny 2: Everything You Need To Know About Ghost Shells
Ghost Shells were just one of many things Bungie changed with the release of Destiny 2: Beyond Light. Instead of having fixed rolls set by the developers, Bungie has given Ghost Shells the Armor 2.0 treatment.
Instead of waiting for a well-rolled Ghost Shell to go on sale, Guardians can now use whichever shell looks the best and Mod it to suit their playstyle. These Ghost Shells can be a massive timesaver for certain players thanks to their quality of life perks such as increased experience gains. For those looking to improve their Destiny 2 experience, here is a complete guide to getting the most out of your Ghost in Destiny 2: Beyond Light.
8 What Are Ghost Shells?
Ghost Shells are unique cosmetic items that change the appearance of your Ghost. As with any other item in Destiny 2, they come in five different rarities: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Legendary, and Exotic. Using an Exotic Ghost Shell does not prevent you from using an Exotic weapon or armor piece.
Most Ghost Shells are acquired from Eververse either from her storefront or through Bright Engrams. However, there are a few Ghost Shells that are earned through events or pinnacle activities. Once you have obtained a certain type of Ghost Shell, you can reobtain it from your Collections menu under the Equipment tab.
7 Ghost Shell Mods
Destiny 2: Beyond Light gave Ghost Shells the Armor 2.0 treatment by making them upgradeable items that can equip unique Ghost Mods. This change allows any Ghost Shell to grant passive benefits of your choosing. These bonuses are quality of life improvements such as marking nearby treasure chests or granting bonus experience. There are four types of Ghost Shell Mods: Experience Mods, Tracking Mods, Economic Mods, and Activity Ghost Mods.
Note that some of the strongest Ghost Shell Mods have the “fragile” tag, meaning they are prone to sunsetting a year after their initial release. In Beyond Light’s case, fragile Ghost Shell Mods will be removed when season 15 ends.
6 How To Obtain Ghost Shell Mods
As with most armor Mods, Ghost Shell Mods are obtained from virtually every loot source in Destiny 2. Many generic Ghost Shell Mods can be earned through world engrams. More specific Mods that involve certain activities such as strikes can be obtained from their respective activity vendor.
For example, those that want to obtain Activity Ghost Shell Mods that focus on the Crucible should see Shaxx in the Tower and turn in Crucible Tokens to earn engrams. These engrams have a high chance of giving you Crucible-themed Activity Mods.
5 Masterworking Your Ghost
Upgrading Ghost Shells will offer you a higher Mod energy pool to work with, similar to how armor works. Ghost Shells are unique in that every rarity type can be Masterworked, even Commons.
Every upgrade a Ghost Shell receives grants it one extra point to work with. Ghost Shells can be upgraded to a maximum of rank ten, wherein they will be classified as Masterworked. Masterworked Ghost Shells not only have ten energy to allocate but they also have a fourth Mod slot unlocked named the Activity Mod slot.
4 Experience Ghost Mods
The first Mod slot every Ghost has access to is the Experience Ghost Mod slot. As one would expect, these Mods grant a global experience bonus to everything you do. Previous XP Ghost Shell Mods such as Guiding Light have migrated to this slot.
These are all of the Mods you can use in this slot:
- Flickering Light (One energy): Increase XP gains by 2%.
- Little Light (Two energy): Increase XP gains by 3%.
- Hopeful Light (Three energy): Increase XP gains by 5%.
- Burning Light (Four energy): Increase XP gains by 8%.
- Guiding Light (Five energy): Increase XP gains by 10%.
- Blinding Light (Six energy, fragile): Increase XP gains by 12%.
3 Tracking Ghost Mods
Tracking Mods focus on marking resources and treasure chests on the player’s HUD. Tracked items will have a unique icon appear above them when the player gets near them. The resources tracked and the radius before detection are both determined by Mod type.
Here are all of the cache-related Tracking Ghost Mods:
- Loot Seeker (One energy): Detects caches within a 20-meter range.
- Prize Pursuant (Two energy): Detects caches within a 30-meter range.
- Cache Finder (Three energy): Detects caches within a 40-meter range.
- Treasure Hunter (Four energy): Detects caches within a 50-meter range.
- Expert Tracker (Five energy, fragile): Detects caches within a 75-meter range.
Tracker Ghost Mods can also mark planetary resources.
- Destabilized Resource Detector (One energy): Detects resources within a 20-meter range.
- Makeshift Resource Detector (Two energy): Detects resources within a 30-meter range.
- Stable Resource Detector (Three energy): Detects resources within a 40-meter range.
- Enhanced Resource Detector (Four energy): Detects resources within a 50-meter range.
- Perfected Resource Detector (Five energy, fragile): Detects resources within a 75-meter range.
Finally, there are two combo detector perks that can mark both caches and resources for a higher energy cost:
- Combo Detector (Five energy): Detects caches or resources within a 40-meter range.
- Wombo Detector (Six energy, fragile): Detects caches or resources within a 50-meter range.
2 Economic Ghost Mods
Economic Ghost Mods focus on granting you increased Glimmer gains, providing you with gunsmith telemetry on final blows, and granting you increased loot from public events and planetary resources.
There are currently six types of Glimmer Mods:
- Meager Glimmer Booster (One energy): Increases Glimmer gains by 5%.
- Standard Glimmer Booster (Two energy): Increases Glimmer gains by 10%.
- Considerable Glimmer Booster (Three energy): Increases Glimmer gains by 20%.
- Prodigious Glimmer Booster (Four energy): Increases Glimmer gains by 35%.
- Supercharged Glimmer Booster (Five energy, fragile): Increases Glimmer gains by 50%.
- Ultimate Glimmer Booster (Six energy, fragile): Increases Glimmer gains by 65%.
This Mod category can also grant gunsmith telemetry that can be redeemed for engrams with Banshee-44 in the Tower. Despite what the description implies, all of these Mods have a chance to generate telemetry on kills; it is not guaranteed.
- Arc Analyzer (One energy): Generate gunsmith telemetry data on Arc weapon final blows.
- Solar Analyzer (One energy): Generate gunsmith telemetry data on Solar weapon final blows.
- Void Analyzer (One energy): Generate gunsmith telemetry data on Void weapon final blows.
- Omni-Telemetry (Three energy): Generate gunsmith telemetry data on any elemental weapon final blow.
- Banshee Special (Five energy): Generate gunsmith telemetry data on any elemental weapon final blow at an increased rate.
Two Mods also grant bonus loot on certain conditions:
- Bountiful Harvest (Three energy): Chance to obtain additional resources when harvesting.
- Public Defender (Five energy): Increased loot from public events on all destinations.
1 Activity Ghost Mods
Activity Ghost Mods modify a core activity’s loot pool to grant an increased chance of additional loot dropping. This Mod slot is only unlocked when you Masterwork your currently-equipped Ghost Shell.
These Mods have a separate version for three core activities: strikes, Crucible, and Gambit. For Mods that have different conditions to activate, wins always refer to Crucible and Gambit while completions refer to Vanguard strikes and Nightfalls.
The Mod types for each activity are as follows:
- Modularity (Four energy, fragile): [Activity type] has a chance to award an Upgrade Module.
- Materialism (Two energy, fragile): [Activity type wins/completions] have a chance to award destination materials.
- Prosperity (Three energy): [Activity type wins/completions] have a chance to drop an additional piece of Legendary gear.
Vanguard strikes and Crucible also have unique Core Harvest Mods you can earn. They are listed below.
- Lesser Core Harvest (Crucible) (Four energy, fragile): Precision final blows in Crucible have a chance to award an Enhancement Core.
- Greater Core Harvest (Crucible) (Six energy, fragile): Precision final blows in Crucible have a chance to award an Enhancement Prism.
- Lesser Core Harvest (Vanguard) (Four energy, fragile): Defeating bosses in Vanguard playlist strikes or Nightfalls has a chance to award an Enhancement Core.
- Greater Core Harvest (Vanguard) (Six energy, fragile): Defeating bosses in Vanguard playlist strikes or Nightfalls has a chance to award an Enhancement Prism.
NEXT: 10 Things To Do After You Beat Destiny 2: Beyond Light
- Destiny 2
Charles Burgar is an expert on all things tech and gaming. Graduating from Pikes Peak Community College in 2018 with an Associate of Science, Charles has spent his time dissecting popular video games, movies, and technology. With an understanding of games for as long as he can remember, Charles has a large interest in understanding what makes things fun. He is currently a Freelance writer for TheGamer and Game Rant.
Source: Read Full Article