Digimon Survive: How To Get Fangmon
- How To Get A Fangmon Through Evolution
- How To Find Fangmon
- How To Get Fangmon To Join Your Team
The dramatic second chapter of Digimon Survive's story involves a face-off with the menacing, fanged, dog-like Digimon known as Fangmon. Although Fangmon is a relatively easy boss to defeat as one of the game's earlier encounters, this Digimon can also be recruited into your team, following their defeat in Part 2 of the game.
After gaining access to the first Free Battle Area of Part 3, you'll be able to fight Fangmon again as a regular enemy for some useful experience points or attempt to persuade them over to your team.
Using the right Digimon and items, you can also obtain a Fangmon through evolution. In addition, Fangmon themselves also provides an entry point into a powerful evolution line, eventually becoming able to evolve into other useful Digimon such as Arukenimon.
How To Get A Fangmon Through Evolution
To get a Fangmon through evolution, you'll first need to get a Gazimon, the aggressive, white, bunny-looking Digimon that you'll first encounter attacking a group of Gomamon at the end of Part 2 of the story.
If you're only after Fangmon, obtaining a Gazimon first is a bit of a redundant step, as Gazimon and Fangmon usually appear in the same encounters in the Free Battle Area of Part 3. Therefore, the Fangmon you want can easily be obtained shortly after your first encounters with Gazimon at the end of Part 2.
If you're looking to get multiple Fangmon to explore the evolution possibilities, however, you can obtain a Gazimon by befriending it in a battle during part 2, then evolve it into a Fangmon via the standard method: using enlightenment slabs. It will require one Mature Enlightenment Slab to evolve a Gazimon into a Fangmon.
Enlightenment Slabs can be found in the main story, in chests during battles, and in the background of areas by using your phone camera.
How To Find Fangmon
If you want to get a Fangmon straight onto your team without evolving a Gazimon, you'll need to do so by finding them in the Free Battle Area of Part 3. Part 3 will commence shortly after defeating the boss Fangmon at the end of Part 2.
The first Free Battle Area you can reach in Part 3 will have Fangmon and Gazimon available to fight. As always, instead of battling with the creatures, you'll need to use the talk function to answer their questions and get them on your team.
How To Get Fangmon To Join Your Team
After using the talk function during the turn of one of your partnered Digimon and moving to the foe tab, you'll be able to talk with Fangmon. You'll need to give answers to their questions and statements. This will cause a gauge above their head to increase or decrease depending on what you say. You need at least three bars on the gauge filled to be able to ask them to join your team.
Fangmon loves to attempt to provoke you with statements designed to intimidate and annoy you. To get Fangmon over to your side, you'll need to prove that you're not intimidated by them by choosing calm responses. If you're unsure which response to choose, here are two options for each of the questions that they might ask you:
- When they say "Let's make a deal: throw the fight, and I'll give you an item!" respond by saying “That sounds dodgy.” or “I don’t believe you.”
- When they say "I bet you've got some secrets, huh? Go on, tell me one, I dare you!" respond by saying “Secrets, I wonder…” or “I’m not telling you.”
- When they say "What do you think determines right or wrong?" respond by saying “Your beliefs.” or “Reality itself.”
- When they say "You sure like to puff out your chest around a weak monster like myself." respond by saying “Strength’s irrelevant” or “Oh. My bad!”
- When they say "Who do you think is worse? The deceiver or the deceived?" respond with “The deceiver, duh!” or “It depends, I guess.”
- When they say "You may think of those around you as friends, but perhaps you're actually alone?" respond with “I wouldn’t mind” or “Do you have friends?”
- When they say "Trying to pick a fight with a peace lover like me… you humans sure are cruel." respond with “I love peace, myself.” or “So let’s call it off.”
After answering three questions successfully, you'll be able to ask the Fangmon to be friends or instead obtain an item. Even if you raise the gauge fully, Fangmon joining your team isn't guaranteed to succeed, so if it doesn't, simply choose to retry the battle from the menu for another chance.
Source: Read Full Article