Immortals Fenyx Rising – Myths of the Eastern Realm: Myth Challenge Guide
Immortals Fenyx Rising’s Myths of the Eastern Realm opens up a whole new land for players to explore that is steeped in Chinese mythology. As well as adding a brand new storyline with new characters, this DLC offers new puzzles for players to conquer with additional puzzle mechanics added to provide a fresh challenge.
There are a host of new Myth Challenges for players to complete, and finishing all of them will unlock the “Stuff of Legends” achievement/trophy. For everything you need to know about how and where to complete these Myth Challenges, we have a full list right here.
Sunchaser Myth Challenge Locations
Sunchaser Myth Challenges are similar to the Navigation Myth Challenges from the main game. You activate them by standing on a button, then you must race by gliding or using sprint to get to the finish line.
Rather handily, in this DLC, there is a glowing crow to lead the way. However, if you manage to get ahead of the bird (by cutting corners) the challenge will fail. See below for all Sunchaser Myth Challenge Locations.
Sunchaser Myth Challenge — Southern Peng Lai
This challenge can be found right next to the Dawn Valley fast travel point and is very straightforward.
Sunchaser Myth Challenge — Eastern Peng Lai
This challenge is right beside the Sky Dragon’s Grave fast travel point. Be careful of the poisonous fumes, but otherwise, this challenge is still fairly straightforward.
Sunchaser Myth Challenge — Northern Peng Lai
This challenge is right next to the Lei Ze Skywell fast travel point. This one gets a little trickier as you will need to hit a target with an arrow and pull a lever during your race to continue upwards to your finish point.
Sunchaser Myth Challenge — Eastern Bu Zhou
This challenge can be found near the Fu You Outpost fast travel point and is fairly straightforward to complete.
Sunchaser Myth Challenge — Central Bu Zhou
This challenge is close to the Bu Zhou Perimeter fast travel point and there are some enemies nearby that you will have to likely defeat first. There are some lasers and other obstacles to navigate, but overall, it’s not the hardest Sunchaser challenge.
Bagua Myth Challenge Locations
Bagua Myth Challenges are essentially the same as the Constellation challenges. You need to gather nearby blue spheres, often hidden behind small puzzles, and replicate the pattern shown near the challenge square to solve them.
You can make these particular puzzles easier by going into your settings under the “Gameplay” tab, then “Helpers” and choosing to view helpers for Bagua challenges on both your compass and the screen, as shown above. This will help you to see where the missing blue spheres are that you need.
When referring to the location of the blue spheres in conjunction with the challenge square area that features the recesses, we are considering the base of the square as the south, and the wall showing the puzzle solution as the north.
Bagua Myth Challenge — Southern Peng Lai
This challenge is found near the World Shell fast travel point. The solution to the puzzle is shown above, and a summary of where you can find all the blue spheres is listed below.
- Behind the wall north of the challenge square
- Use both spheres you have to fit into the recesses to the northeast of the challenge square to open the gate there. Then jump up and shoot the block to make it smaller, move the block down onto the button, and shoot it again to activate the heavyweight button to claim your sphere.
- Northwest of the puzzle square, break the corruption to uncover the block and place it on the lightweight button. Drag the first sphere you can access in the caged area to the bottom left recess. Stand on the rock to the right of this caged area and drag the heavy block across to the heavyweight button. Then drag both spheres out from the bottom left gap of the cage.
- To the north of the challenge square, on a higher platform, remove the corruption from the brazier and light it using one of the nearby already-lit braziers and Yi’s Arrow. Stand on the button and then use Nuwa’s Agility to dash into the area with the sphere and hit the button in there to unlock it.
Bagua Myth Challenge — Northern Peng Lai
This challenge is close to the Jian Mu Tree fast travel point. The solution to the puzzle is shown above, and a summary of where you can find all the blue spheres is listed below.
- To the west of the challenge square, there is a cage with two blocks and a sphere inside. Move the sphere into the recess to remove one of the mortal barriers, then position both blocks on top of one another allowing access for the blue sphere to get to the (currently blocked) exit. Stand on the button in front of the cage to unblock the exit and drag the sphere out.
- To the east, hit the block in the caged area to make it larger and then drag it onto the spikes. Jump up to the next level and stand on the button to remove the barrier and allow you to drag a rock into the cage so that it falls onto the block. Jump down and drag the rock to the lightweight button. Drag the block from the spikes to the heavyweight button. Once both buttons are activated the blue sphere will unlock.
- Go upstairs and remove all corruption. Stand at the lever with the stairs in front of you and hit the targets with arrows in the following order: top right, bottom left, bottom right, and then top left.
Bagua Myth Challenge — Northern Bu Zhou
This challenge is next to Gong Gong’s Waterwheel fast travel point. The solution to the puzzle is shown above, and a summary of where you can find all the blue spheres is listed below.
- Just to the southwest of the challenge square behind a small broken wall.
- To the north of the challenge square, move the small block off the button then head in through the gap on the other side and grab the block. Take it outside and go around the corner where there are some wooden boards. Break these and head inside with the block, travel through the lasers until you can place the block on a new button. Hit the block to make it large, then press the button in front of the sphere to grab it.
- To the east, head into the cave and press the button to activate the blue sphere. Put it in the recess on your left and then continue to travel around and put it into the next recess to remove the mortal field barrier. Break down the wooden paneling at the end and you can finally exit with your sphere.
- To the northeast behind the water wheel, take one of your spheres and place it in the recess there. Travel up the gust of air to the top of this caged pillar, then break the wooden floorboards to travel down the inside. Hit the button and claim your new sphere.
Bagua Myth Challenge — Northwest Bu Zhou
This challenge is right next to the Hall of the Yan Di Clan fast travel point. The solution to the puzzle is shown above, and a summary of where you can find all the blue spheres is listed below.
- Just to the north of the challenge square, behind the wall that shows the puzzle solution.
- To the northeast, place one of your blue spheres into the recess. Using the buttons, drag the sphere in the cage through the moving platforms and out of the exit on your left.
- To the east, there is a caged section. Press the button on the outside of the caged area, then break the wooden paneling to get inside. You will need to move a small block via the platforms onto a heavyweight button and then hit the block to make it large to continue. Eventually, you will reach the bottom level, hit the button at the back, and take the platform next to it up to grab the next sphere. Take it back down and put it into the recess on the bottom level and hit the button next to it for an easy way out.
- Head up and into the rafters of this building (just above the last puzzle), you will see a lever — hit it and then move towards the two nearby buttons and press them to claim your next sphere, all while avoiding the lasers and fireballs.
- To the west is a caged area with a large ball inside. Don’t go inside. Instead, stand just outside of the doorway and drag the ball to the center gray area just inside of the gate. Using your Axe of Yan Di Godly Power, line up your shot with the ball to hit it into the recess on either the right or left of the cage. Once done, hit the corresponding button and then drag it back to hit it into the other recess. Hit the second button and then drag the ball back once more to finally hit it into the center recess. Afterward, head in and jump up through the center recess area to claim your blue sphere. You can hit a button in this upper level to make for an easier exit out.
Mural Myth Challenge Locations
Mural Myth Challenge — Southeast Peng Lai
This challenge is a short distance from the Unity Shrine fast travel point. To solve the mural, using your arrows you need to hit the bottom right panel and then the top left panel.
Mural Myth Challenge — Southern Peng Lai
This challenge is just south of the Silent Marsh fast travel point. To solve the mural, using your arrows you need to hit the center panel, then the bottom left panel, then the top right panel.
However, to get to the mural you have to first remove the mortal field barrier in front of it. Firstly, you will need to free the block from the red corruption just above you. Next, stand on the button just outside of the barrier, then throw the block down the hole in front of you. Afterward, jump down and drag the block onto the lightweight button to open up the way to the challenge.
Mural Myth Challenge — Western Bu Zhou
This challenge is found close to the Xiang Liu’s Memorial fast travel point. To solve the mural, using your arrows you need to hit the panels in the following order: top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right, center.
Before you can solve the mural, you must solve a fan puzzle first. Remove the corruption, and then get the fans flowing in the following directions by hitting them to change the way they face.
Mural Myth Challenge — Southern Bu Zhou
This challenge can be found north of the Supreme Passageway fast travel point. To solve the mural, using your arrows you need to hit the panels in the following order: bottom center, right center, left center, middle center, bottom right, top right, top left, bottom left, middle center.
Musical Myth Challenge Locations
You will encounter one of these Musical Myth Challenges as part of the storyline. In order to solve these puzzles, you need to find all of the nearby bells and ring them in quick succession.
Each bell has a number of dots on it to indicate in what order it should be rung. You can cause bells to ring by hitting them, either with a melee attack or with an arrow. Using arrows (Yi’s Arrow especially) is your best bet in most situations as you need to ring them all quickly for it to count and they are generally far apart.
Musical Myth Challenge — Southern Peng Lai
This challenge can be found close to the Harmony Pavilion fast travel point.
Destroy the wooden door to the building on your left to reveal bell number one. Hit this with your weapon, then quickly fire arrows at bells two, three, and four to solve the puzzle.
Musical Myth Challenge — Central Peng Lai
This challenge can be found near Fu Xi’s Millstone fast travel point. You will need to defeat some enemies when you first arrive.
First, you need to unlock the red bell, so head into the building on your left and dropdown. Hit the arrow target behind you and move forward when the mortal barrier moves, then repeat to move forward once more. Now you need to shoot your Yi’s Arrow up through the hole in the roof and direct it back down to hit the same target in order to move the final mortal barrier. Once this is done, grab your block and take it to the button in the center of the bell room, and hit it to make it heavyweight. Now all bells are unlocked.
Bells three and four require that you stand on a button in front of them for you to be able to hit them. So here’s the plan:
- Stand on the button for bell three and shoot a Yi’s Arrow at bells one, two, and three.
- Then jump down and race to the building on the other side and stand on that button to fire an arrow at bell four.
Musical Myth Challenge — Eastern Bu Zhou (Story Related)
This challenge is found close to the Zu Rong Hall fast travel point. This challenge must be completed as part of the “The Legend Himself” main story quest. Here you have one locked bell, two bells hidden in cages, one of which is behind a barrier, and one bell out in the open. Firstly, head up to the number one bell and light the torches around it in the following order to unlock it: bottom right, top right, top left, bottom left.
Then head to the switch and do the following:
- Shoot an arrow at bell one
- Hit the switch to remove the mortal barrier on your right
- Shoot Yi’s Arrow at bell two
- Shoot Yi’s Arrow at bell three
- Shoot Yi’s Arrow at bell four
Musical Myth Challenge — Northern Bu Zhou
This challenge can be found at the Fortress of the Unyielding fast travel point. There are two locked bells here, two bells behind mortal barriers, and a bunch of fans that you need to move around. Set up your fans in the following order shown below to activate the two locked bells. The circled fan is important as it removes the mortal barriers from the last two bells.
Stand near bell three and fire arrows at bells one, two, and three. Quickly hit the circled fan to direct it south, removing the mortal barrier from the fourth bell, and then run to the fourth bell and hit it/fire an arrow at it.
Next: Immortals: Fenyx Rising, Myths Of The Eastern Realm DLC Complete Guide And Walkthrough
- Immortals: Fenyx Rising
Meg appreciates gaming on all formats but primarily spends her time achievement hunting to the extreme. Her passion for gaming began as a child when first introduced to the Amstrad.
Source: Read Full Article