Potion Permit: Clearing The Landslide Quest Walkthrough
- Starting The Quest
- Talk To The Residents Of Moonbury
- Finding The Materials For The Nets
- Removing The Rockslide
Potion Permit does a great job of drip-feeding new mechanics and new concepts to you, usually through events and quests. Sometimes, on the other hand, you have to be a little bit more proactive. For example, the rockslide that you may have seen in Meadow Range?
Yup, it's up to you to deal with that. And it's well worth the effort, too. Clearing the rockslide is a service to the town and yourself, as you'll gain access to new resources as a result, including trees and rocks that are far better for accruing lumber and stone.
Starting The Quest
After your first few days in Moonbury, you'll probably start wondering how to expand your horizons a little bit. Once you have passed your first trial and acquired the first Approval Badge from Myer the mayor, you can start this quest.
Head to the eastern parts of Meadow Range, and you'll encounter a rockslide. Forrest and Bubble will be there, and they'll let you help them out.
Talk To The Residents Of Moonbury
The first stage of this quest is to talk to various people by heading to certain locations at certain times. You'll encounter cutscenes at these locations and an updated quest log for your trouble.
- First, head to the tavern, where a cutscene will direct you to talk to Ottmar. Apparently, he makes very strong nets that could be used to clear the rockslide.
- Ottmar usually hangs out near the beach shop to the northwest of Moonbury but is not always there.
If you've made Ottmar's acquaintance already, you'll be able to use your dog's NPC-finder function to find him. Just call your dog and then select Ottmar's name from the list of NPCs that your dog can find. Follow your dog to Ottmar.
Once you've found Ottmar, he will task you with bringing him certain materials.
Finding The Materials For The Nets
Ottmar requires three materials to make the net for you:
|Material||How To Acquire|
|3 Honey||Honey drops from Honeypaws, the bear-like monsters in Meadow Range. They might not always drop them, so you may need to go hunting for Honey on more than one day.|
|5 Basil||Basil grows in Meadow Range, it's a green plant with brown tips. Use the scythe to harvest it.|
|5 Mushrooms||Mushrooms grow in Meadow Range. Use the scythe to harvest them.|
Once you have all the required materials, bring them back to Ottmar. After a short cutscene, he will provide you with the Net you require.
Removing The Rockslide
With the Net, you're only halfway there to removing the rockslide and unlocking a whole new area to explore. Along with the Net, you'll need the following resources:
- 1,500 Gold
- 175 Lumber
- 225 Stone
At this point, your ability to gather these resources will be quite limited. Here are some tips:
- Chop down every tree and break open every stone that you encounter each day, using the spa to recover your energy when necessary. It's free!
- Don't feel tempted to upgrade your tools just yet – once you unlock the next area, your ability to gather lumber and stone will increase tremendously.
- Save all the money you can from your patients and from quests. Check the jobs board inside the town hall and take care of any jobs that the townspeople give you, they're great ways to earn a chunk of cash early in the game.
- If you have the post-box unlocked, spending a day making potions and selling them is an easy way to get the money.
Once you have everything required, simply head to the rockslide and hand in the items. You'll be treated to a cutscene in which the greater part of Meadow Range opens up to you. Grab the teleport point nearby and start exploring!
Source: Read Full Article