Valorant PATCH NOTES: Update 3.09 transforms weapons, maps and lots MORE
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Fans of free-to-play shooter Valorant can download a new update on PC.
Valorant update 3.09 launches just in time for the brand new Battle Pass.
As you can see from the update 3.09 patch notes below, the new download makes big changes to maps and weapons.
The Classic, for example, has been over-performing in close to mid-range encounters.
To combat this, the Valorant developer has reduced the weapon’s accuracy while jumping, running and walking.
In addition to weapon transformations, Riot Games has made changes to the Fracture map. You can read all about it in the patch notes below.
Other tweaks include smoother ropes and ziplines, with Riot Games fixing jittery movements when stopping or changing directions.
Elsewhere, fans will be happy to find out that game servers have been consolidated into one path.
Finally, Riot Games has added new eSports options, including the ability to set handedness for teams.
Valorant update 3.09 patch notes…
• Classic (Right-click)…
– The Classic has been over-performing in close to mid-range encounters when used while jumping or on the move.
– So we’ve reduced the weapon’s effective accuracy while jumping, running, and walking, with the intent of narrowing it’s ideal use case to only really close ranges.
• Walking firing error changed .05 >>> .6 (total error is 2.5 when walking, up from 1.95)
• Running firing error changed .2 >>> 1.3 (total error is 3.2 when running, up from 2.1)
• Jumping firing error changed from 1.1 >>> 2.1 (total error is 4.0 when jumping, up from 3.0)
– The B Arcade attacker barrier is shifted back towards Attacker Side Bridge, to allow defenders to more easily contest the area
– Defender barrier at A Rope moved up to the top of ropes to make it easier for Sentinels to prepare.
– A Hall orb shifted into more neutral space, making it less favorable for attackers
– New piece of cover in Attacker spawn added to break the long sightline from Hall entrance to B Main, which should relieve some pressure from attackers when defenders fast flank
Game System Updates
• Smoother Ropes/Ziplines
– Fixed jittery movement that could occur when stopping or changing directions on a zipline or rope. This was most noticeable when repeatedly moving a small amount and stopping.
Valorant: Riot Games introduces new map 'Breeze'
• Observers using gamepad controllers are no longer locked out of the X/Y axes when speeding up with the right bumper (R1).
• Free Cam observers rejoice!
– Observers now have the option to set handedness for teams
– When this option is toggled, observers will see players that start the match on attacker as right-handed, and players that start the match on defender will be left-handed.
• One path for all traffic into game servers
– For those of you particular to a preferred server, you may notice a previously preferred location is no longer there.
– Don’t worry, we simply consolidated what was two paths into the game servers into one—we did not remove any servers.
– Fixed a bug that was causing the default Act Rank badge to display on Unrated game loading screens
– Cypher can no longer place Spycam on the Breeze door in order to destroy or see through the door when it’s lowered.
– Similarly, fixed random spots where Cypher could not place Spycam in the same area.
– Fixed bug that displayed Jett’s 1P Updraft visuals incorrectly
Source: Read Full Article