Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Announced With Release Date
The next Call of Duty game has been revealed. As you may have guessed from the numerous leaks and rumors, it’s titled Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Additionally, publisher Activision has revealed the game’s release date of October 25 (for PS4, Xbox One, and PC) and some exciting details regarding both cross-play and the typical season pass offered with CoD games.
Modern Warfare is a reboot of the 2007 game–not a remake, but a reimagining, developer Infinity Ward says. The new game is not set in the same universe as the existing trilogy–Infinity Ward says that world had left little room to raise the stakes further–but it does feature some familiar faces. Captain Price is back, for example, but with what appears to be a new voice actor.
As was previously confirmed, this year’s Call of Duty will include a single-player campaign. It seems as though the story will concern Russian interactions with the Middle East, while enemies will include an ultranationalist group helping to execute terrorist attacks in major cities such as London.
Modern Warfare will of course include a multiplayer mode, but Infinity Ward hasn’t yet revealed much more detail on that portion of the game. It did say, however, that your progression in the campaign will carry over to multiplayer, meaning you’ll always be working towards unlocking new killstreaks, perks, and weapons. And as noted above, the game will feature cross-play across all platforms. Additionally, Activision will not be selling the standard season pass that locks off new, post-launch multiplayer maps.
Click To Unmute Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Official Reveal Trailer
- Death Stranding – PS4 Release Date Trailer
- Free PS4 PlayStation Plus Games For June 2019 Revealed
- Marvel's Avengers Game To Be Revealed At E3 2019 – GS News Update
- New Call Of Duty Game Reveal Coming Soon As Social Media"Goes Dark" – GS News Update
- Best Netflix Releases Of June 2019: New Movies And TV Shows To Watch
- Fortnite – Find Every Jonesy Location In Downtown Drop LTM Secret Challenges Guide
- The Kitchen – Official Trailer
- Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night – 2nd Playable Character Gameplay Reveal
- Kerbal Space Program: Breaking Ground – Cinematic Trailer
- Fortnite – Week 4 Secret FortByte Puzzle Piece Location Guide (Season 9 Utopia Challenge)
- Free Xbox One And Xbox 360 Games With Gold For June 2019 Announced
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Release Date And Campaign Details – GS News Update
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
The original game launched for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC back in 2007, and went on to be one of the most influential games of the 21st century. It was later remastered in 2016, though that is entirely separate to this upcoming reboot.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare launches for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on October 25. For much more on the game, check out our extensive interview with Infinity Ward or our rundown of everything we know about the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare reboot.
Source: Read Full Article