One Of Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare's Big New Features Is… Doors
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is bringing back the acclaimed franchise with a reboot that aims to rethink what makes a gritty shooter set in real-world conflict. That means new additions and innovations to add layers of authenticity, and one of those is just a-door-able.
It’s doors. Yes, like the kind in your house. As detailed in our hands-on multiplayer impressions, the addition of functional doors makes a big difference in combat.
“You can use doors in a variety of ways, just by opening and closing them to create or eliminate sightlines,” wrote Phil Hornshaw. “Opening a door while aiming down your gunsights lets you peek through–and maybe toss in a flashbang or grenade. Sliding into a door or using a melee attack lets you kick it in, potentially disorienting people on the other side, but it’s a loud approach that gives away your position.”
Doors have other uses as well. They can be breached with explosives to make a flashy entrance, or you can hide claymores behind them to set a trap. Listening closely can give you information about enemy movements, and you can even snipe through them. It’s just one example of how small and seemingly mundane changes can make for a more realistic experience and have an impact on gameplay.
We have a lot more details out of our hands-on impressions and the accompanying multiplayer livestream, so check out even more Call of Duty: Modern Warfare coverage.
- Modern Warfare: You’ll Have To Earn Your Radar In Call Of Duty’s New Multiplayer
- Modern Warfare Multiplayer: Rebuilding Call Of Duty From The Guns Up
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Can Support More Than 100 Players
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare — Here’s What We Know About Spec Ops Mode
- We Saw White Phosphorus In Action In Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare — Here’s What Happened
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare | Going Dark Multiplayer Gameplay
- How Modern Warfare Multiplayer Rebuilds The Franchise Formula
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Dark Edition Available To Pre-Order
Source: Read Full Article