Call of Duty: Warzone patch nerfs the powerful JAK-12 shotgun
One of Call of Duty: Warzone’s best shotguns is finally getting a balance pass. In the latest patch for Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare, which was released on Wednesday, the JAK-12 shotgun is getting a nerf.
The JAK-12 was added to the game just a couple of weeks ago and it’s quickly proven to be one of the most powerful guns in Warzone. It’s combination of high-damage, quick movement speed, and high automatic-fire rate made it not just one of the best shotguns in the game, but a go-to weapon in the loadouts of many players, especially with the extra ammo capacity of the Drum Mags attachment.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone get Verdansk dark mode, Zombie Royale for Halloween
To make things even worse — or better if you were a JAK-12 fan — the weapon also has an attachment called FRAG-12 ammo, which gave it’s shots an explosive, extra-damaging effect.
However, it seems that all this was a little too powerful in the eyes of Infinity Ward, so the weapon’s getting a nerf. The patch reduced both the movement and aim-down-sight speed of the weapon when it’s using the popular Drum Mags attachment. The FRAG-12 ammo also got a specific nerf that reduces its rate of fire.
Despite these nerfs, it’s entirely possible that the JAK-12 remains one of Warzone’s most dominant guns, but these balance adjustments should at least make playing against it a little more tolerable.
For a full look at all the changes that arrived with the Oct. 28 patch for Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare, you can check out the patch notes.
Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare Oct. 28 patch notes
- Fix for an issue where the code for Bunker 3 wasn’t functioning as intended
- Fix for an issue with the Riot Shield that would only occur when players obtained the pumpkin head after getting 3+ kills (pumpkin heads are back on!)
- Fix for an exploit in Zombie Royale
- Temporarily removing the Durable Gas Masks from Warzone
- Removing Snipers Only (TDM) while we fix a bug. We’ll be replacing this mode with Gunfight – Snipers Only (3v3)
- Reduced movement and ADS speed on JAK-12 Drum Mags
- Reduced rate of fire on JAK-12 FRAG-12 ammo
- Updating the JAK-12 FRAG-12 ammo description to say ‘slugs’
Source: Read Full Article