Deep Down Producer Says It Isn't Dead
Deep Down was first announced in 2013 as a PlayStation 4 exclusive, but we haven’t seen or heard much from it since. The last news we heard was all the way back in 2015, when producer Yoshinori Ono said that the game would look “completely different” from the initial trailer the next time we saw it, and that the game was aiming for a very realistic experience.
But the game has not been seen since, beyond a trademark renewal in 2017 that got fans’ hopes up. Now, Ono has spoken about the game for the first time in years, and it sounds like the game is not being worked on, but could theoretically still happen.
In an interview with Eurogamer that primarily focuses on Street Fighter V (which he is also executive producer on), Ono briefly discussed the long-dormant dragon hunting game, admitting that he still has some hope that the game will be completed one day.
“The original team is clearly no longer together at this point, but people might have noticed that we’ve kept the trademark registered, and it’s not been completely given up on,” he told Eurogamer. “Every year we examine titles we’re doing in future, and we bring up projects to approve and move forward. There’s not much I can say about it, but if you’ve noticed we’ve kept the trademark it means we haven’t given up on the title completely.”
When asked about the TGS trailer from 2014, Ono said that the team had “the concept developed a bit further than that.”
This isn’t confirmation that Deep Down will still happen, but it suggests that the game’s eventual release remains a possibility. It certainly wouldn’t be the first major PlayStation title to take its time releasing: The Last Guardian was first revealed seven years before its eventual release, while Until Dawn was announced as a PlayStation 3 title five years before its eventual PS4 release. Then there’s Shenmue III, which will release on November 19, a full 18 years after Shenmue II.
Click To Unmute
- First Pokemon Sword & Shield Gigantamax Raid Details – GS News Update
- Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Month — November 2019
- Cyberpunk 2077 Has Twice As Much Keanu Reeves – GS News Update
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update Adds Terry Bogard & More – GS News Update
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Max PC Settings Gameplay
- American Horror Story: The Best of Lily Rabe
- Apex Legends – Duos | GameSpot Live
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Terry Bogard DLC Gameplay Release Trailer
- Pokemon Sword And Shield – Overview Trailer
- Watchmen Episode 3 "She Was Killed By Space Junk" Breakdown
- 9 Minutes of Mario And Sonic At The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
- Overwatch 2 – 5 Minutes Of The New PVP Mode "Push" Gameplay
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Now Playing: E3 2014: Deep Down Trailer
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Source: Read Full Article